- The concept of a supreme fighter who also happens to be blind was a big draw for me. That, and the quality direction, makes for compelling viewing.
- The lead performance is good, but I enjoyed it less that of Shintaro Katsu when he took the same role in Zatoichi and the One-Armed Swordsman (1971).
- The geisha story received too much attention... it was done well and touching, but also mostly boring.
- The crazy guy running around with a spear is too annoying.
- The violence inflicted by the lead was too often excessive... he killed too easily.