There's a ridiculous amount of power and flexiblity in having all the blog sources locally:
- One can use text editor of choice, which is a big help, given the quality of web-based editors in general.
- What this implies is that I can now put the blog in a VCS. This acts as some sort of backup too, since I place my sources on a remote server. 
- This also means that I can do a heck of a lot of edits without being connected to the web, or deeper changes like playing search-replace through the entire blog.
- The complexity of the setup is going to scare many people away.
- It can take a lot of time to setup; For me, this was made worse by having a lot of posts, as well as being rather particular about the look and functionality of the output.
|||I used to run a command like wget --mirror http://tshepang.net once in a while, just in case!|