A core CPython developer, Dr. Brett Cannon is among the key people pushing Python 3 forward, examples being:
- He once developed a site that displayed progress of support by major Python projects.
- He repeatedly gives talks on the topic.
- Most recently, he has developed a tool that checks which dependencies of a project lack Python 3 support. It's weird that a tool like this is only available now, over 5 years since Python 3.0 was released.
In addition to that:
- He keeps improving the Python import system, which is reportedly a complex beast.
- I am grateful that he championed the move from Subversion to Mercurial for CPython development. I held back participating in CPython development until this move was complete... Subversion is that painful to use.
- He created Python Developer’s Guide, a great guide for those wishing to help out with core CPython development.
- Personally, he inspired me to take a serious look at Gittip, resulting in my participation.
There's a lot more stuff he been doing for Python. Busy, busy guy.